Tuesday, November 25, 2014

No 'poo *GASP*

I have decided to give the no 'poo method a try.  Since I dyed my hair a very light blond and then had to chop it mostly out why not use this time to use a natural method on my hair?  Dying my hair severely damaged it. 

If you are not familiar with no 'poo here is the break down:

Wash:  Mix 1 tbs baking powder with 1 cup of water.  Keep in a squirt bottle in the shower.  This will not sudz up at all, and the mix should last about 3 washings.  This goes on your roots.

Rinse:  Mix 1 cup water with 1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother)  Again put in a squirt bottle and keep in the shower.  Rinse just the length and ends of your hair.

Once a week I do a Coconut oil mask and will continue to do this.  Transition will last 1-2 weeks with your hair seeming to get more greasy before it evens out and finds its natural state.  You may need to wash more often or less often then using conventional shampoo and conditioner, but I promise you, your hair will love you for this!


No comments:

Post a Comment